Oxford Art Online offers access to the most authoritative, inclusive, and easily searchable online art resources available today. Through a single, elegant gateway users can access—and simultaneously cross-search—an expanding range of Oxford’s acclaimed art reference works: Grove Art Online, the Benezit Dictionary of Artists, the Encyclopedia of Aesthetics, The Oxford Companion to Western Art, and The Concise Oxford Dictionary of Art Terms, as well as many specially commissioned articles and bibliographies available exclusively online.
Oxford Art Online Key Features Include:
• Interface provides clear and easy access to exceptional content
• Powerful search engine and platform to support sophisticated functionality
• User-friendly navigation and intuitive handling of long articles and chapters
• Refine searches by source, type, and subject
• View articles and searches by source
• Print-friendly format
• OpenURL compliance allows users to query their library catalogue with bibliographic information
Oxford Index Underbar
You have access to the Oxford Index underbar (beta), a free tool that generates links to related content from all Oxford University Press online resources, including scholarly monographs, journal articles, and more. For example, if you’re researching “Monet” on Oxford Art Online, the underbar will draw from a variety of Oxford resources to give you further results on that topic. Clicking the arrows located at the bottom of the browser will expand the underbar, enhancing your search experience. For more information about the Oxford Index discovery service, watch our video or visit the Oxford Index website.
Read more about resources available through Oxford Art Online: